[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:22:51 UTC 2008

That was the original idea, I agree, but we've moved on from that. We
long ago accepted that simply adding what you know doesn't work since
there is no way for people to trust it. We now do require people
source things, we just aren't very good at enforcing it (I believe it
was Jimbo that said people shouldn't be tagging dubious statements
with {{fact}}, they should just be removing them completely).

Exactly. The days of unsourced facts, much less articles, being okay to
leave unchallenged is long over.