[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's new plea for donations stirs skepticism

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:39:18 UTC 2008

2008/12/31 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>:

> I still find it really surprising that people who purport to write useful
> columns and articles, even if its blogging and not mainstream news, do such
> piss poor research. If it were me, I'd be embarrassed to have written
> something that demonstrates such a high level of ignorance and
> misunderstanding - particularly since Wikipedia and Wikimedia are not, in
> any sense, minor elements of the Web world and ArsTechnica is, supposedly,
> "plugged in" to the Web and technology.

Ad-banner trolling.

The tech press in general are whores, cheap diseased ones. Previously
whores to print advertisers, now whores to ad-banner trolling. So
unsubstantiable bullshit is the order of the day, because IT GETS THE
CLICKS.

It's so much nicer dealing with the mainstream press - at least they
can spell "journalism."

- d.