[WikiEN-l] Speedy deletion

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 05:19:11 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/30/2008 8:32:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wilhelm at nixeagle.org writes:

Sorry, I  am not getting it. Please explain in more  detail.>>

--------------------
First you must be familiar with the {{uc}}.
This tag tells a tagger/deleter... STOP  I'm working here !

If, for each new article, we simply automatically tag it {{uc}} with  today's
date, then no new article should get tagged for deletion simply because  it's
new and under developed.

IF a new article is merely spam, or vandalism of course, you can delete it
even with a uc tag.

Some editors, like myself, do not develop articles all-at-once and plop  them
in, rather we develop them in-project with a bit and piece here and there
and given several hours, you have a full article, or at least a useful  stub.
So new article patrollers just see one sentence, and then five  minutes later
two more sentences, and then 15 minutes later another  paragraph.... they are
likely to want to tag it as too stubby right away.   The uc tag stops that.

But new editors won't know, first day, about this tag .  So making it
automatic would solve that issue.

Will Johnson

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.