[WikiEN-l] JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 01:23:16 UTC 2008

I cannot deny that it would likely to be effective; but it would
also cause ill-will and bad publicity towards the wikipedia.

The wikipedia is accessed by a large fraction of their thousands of
customers every day, people that we're really supposed to be
helping; and they've done nothing worth getting blocked over.

So it really would be a sledge hammer to crack a nut, and the guy is
irritating, but he's not impacting nearly as many people as would be
hurt by a block like that.

I think the wikipedia is better off coming up with general strategies
that make his kind of vandalism pointless or easier to undo or
strategies to permit
blocking of just the active vandals.