[WikiEN-l] Image tagging: 33 months later

Phil Nash pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 17:49:12 UTC 2008

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Judson Dunn
>> <cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
>>> That's good news, thanks for doing this research! I bet there's some
>>> confusion abotu what self-created means, but I can't think of a
>>> better term for it really. "creation" is such a nebulous concept
>>> for many people.
>>
>> Is "I am the sole author" more clear?

Not to a younger editor, I think; I see many uploads of images lifted from
websites of pop singers in which they claim to be the creator. Perhaps "I
made this image myself" would be clearer to them, but even so, they do not
seem to care that much about copyright issues. It causes admins a lot of
work.