[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia and "indecent" content

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Dec 23 02:18:55 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/22/2008 6:11:06 PM Pacific Standard Time,
larsen.thomas.h at gmail.com writes:

"Wikipedia is an encyclopedia",
and that means "Wikipedia provides  the summary of all knowledge in
accordance with good scholarly practices".  The English language may be
changing, but I think that the word  "encyclopedia" still has this
meaning and  association.>>

Our project is constrained only by the bounds we put on it.
We decided not to bind ourselves to "decent" images (whatever that  means).
If you think this violates the sense of being an "encyclopedia" I would
suggest that is because you think this image is "indecent" (meaning  obscene) and
I have no idea why you can't just say that.

Will Johnson

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.