[WikiEN-l] The Community vs. Scholarly Consensus

Carl Beckhorn cbeckhorn at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 18 14:11:06 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:01:01PM -0500, Phil Sandifer wrote:
> But current policy explicitly forbids even summary of sources that
> require expert knowledge to understand.

I use such sources all the time for mathematics articles. There's
simply no way to require verifiability but also exclude the best
sources as "too technical".

If there is a policy document that actually forbids these sources,
that can be changed. But I don't think that NOR actually does forbid
them, at the moment.

 - Carl