[WikiEN-l] The Community vs. Scholarly Consensus

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 20:45:30 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/17/2008 12:41:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

Actually, it is - the observation of similarities is acceptable,  but
the act of saying that there is an echo, reference, or  other
connection would be decried as OR (and has been, in fact, in  past
discussions)>>

I agree with Thomas here that we can make trivial inferences.
To say "this is a cat" and "that is also a cat" and therefore "here are two
cats" is trivial to my mind.
So I'd say you simply suggest the OR criers, review that portion of the
policy.
Notwithstanding the absolutely horrible "plagiarism example" that seems
enshrined in wikispace.
We still have jury nullification, which has worked in most cases.

Will Johnson

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.