[WikiEN-l] The Community vs. Scholarly Consensus

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 20:35:42 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/17/2008 12:21:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

Explaining this while restricting myself purely to description is
impossible, as the novel works precisely because of implication of
things left unsaid. (Which is par for the course for literary  writing)
But it is equally problematic to skip over the problem of  Stilson, as
it is a crucial part of the  novel.>>
------------------------------
Ender's Game is from 1985.
Doing a google reality check I get six hundred thousand hits for "Ender's
Game" (enquoted).
So (even though I've never heard of it), it seems to have gotten a
substantial appreciation base.
For interpretive claims, we, as expert editors, shouldn't need to rely on
our own words or interpretation or analysis with that level of interest.
There should be several published book reviews that could be cited for  that
sort of claim.
Right?

Will Johnson

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.