[WikiEN-l] Catscan versus :category:

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Wed Dec 17 17:34:53 UTC 2008

From: "Lukasz Bolikowski" <L.Bolikowski at icm.edu.pl>
(...)
>> This feels to me essentially the same issue as with the category
>> tree: while some might prefer a strict IS-A relationship for
>> categorization, in practice we have to accept that all that category >>
>> membership means is some kind of hopefully human-
>> understandable relationship.
(...)

A bug or two is in the sub-category tool (+) that is on cat pages -- as
compared to catscan, which was written into those cat pages with
enhancements. I think that's what the author means by "snafu" on catscan.
Catscan can make a tree out of [[:category:neurology]] that includes more
information.