[WikiEN-l] Scientists told "publish in Wikipedia or else"

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 05:08:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:24 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.nature.com/news/2008/081216/full/news.2008.1312.html
>
> What could possibly go wrong?
>
> (Urgent outreach needed from relevant wikiprojects!)
>

> - d.

Actually, from the article...

"The RNA wiki is a subset of a broader project, the WikiProject
Molecular and Cellular Biology..."

Seems like we've already got a WikiProject involved here.

My question is more if the GFDL and "anyone can edit" implications are
being made clear to the scientists publishing. Most scientific papers
are reasonably well referenced, so I don't think there's any problem
there, but it would certainly be unfortunate to see someone confused
about the fact that the paper can be changed and redistributed at
will.

--
Freedom is the right to say that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.