[WikiEN-l] Joseph Farah: Another dissatisfied customer

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Dec 17 02:06:21 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/16/2008 6:01:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
larsen.thomas.h at gmail.com writes:

Are you  denying that libel can seriously hurt real people? Or that
Wikipedia  suffers from libel? Or that Wikipedia fails to act
effectively enough  against libel?>>

---------------------
The statement was made that this is "common" not rare.
I do deny that "Wikipedia fails to act effectively enough against  libel"

Yes I deny that.
But I also deny that this situation is "common" as opposed to rare, or
rather I'd like to see some hard evidence, not a lot of hand-waving and  hyperbole
:)

Bearing in mind that this thread is not simply about vandalism or libel,  but
*rather* it is about the situation originally presented, where some
scandalous statement, which is also without foundation, is allowed to persist  for a
significant length of time.  Remembering that scandalous statements  are only
libel if they are without foundation and known to be without foundation  by the
speaker.

Will Johnson