[WikiEN-l] JarlaxleArtemis/Grawp

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 21:04:03 UTC 2008

2008/12/11 Fran Rogers <fran at nutmeg.ws>:
> Personally, I'm utterly bamboozled. This kid is nineteen years old and in
> college; he's an adult, and he has his entire life ahead of him. Yet he
> still continues to anonymously threaten and harass people on the Internet,
> even though he's clearly stepped into illegal territory, his identity is
> known along with reams of evidence of his misdeeds connecting them to him,
> and his parent upon whom he's still dependent has been alerted. And he still
> soldiers on, using Mom's broadband to move pages on Wikipedia to titles "I
> will rape and murder (insert admin here)." What could possibly be running
> through his mind? And how can he be stopped?

If he's making threats of violence and stalking then you should
contact his local police. They'll probably at least discuss it with
him and he'll either stop or eventually criminal proceedings will
occur. Doesn't sound like there's any other option.

Forensic analysis of his computer could doubtless prove it was him
doing this, not his mother who shares the same IP.

You could also contact his ISP. It puts them in a bad light to have
someone like that on their networks and nearly always violates T&C-
they might well want to terminate his service. But he'll probably just
get another ISP; but depending on where he lives there might not be
many ISPs in his area.

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. Life in a perfectly
imperfect world would be much better.