[WikiEN-l] Anti-intellectualism

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 04:50:25 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/11/2008 8:46:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fredbaud at fairpoint.net writes:

We still  have an editorial duty to evaluate the reliablility of
Professfor  Hausfleish and the Journal of Jane Austen Studies. And, if
they are not  reliable, reject them as inappropriate sources. If they are
just personal  opinion, that's what they are, inappropriate  sources.>>

Hmmm.  I think Fred if you follow this reasoning, you'll end up with
humanities articles stripped of all the "essence" and just  dry descriptions.
Interpretation is always going to be opinion.

We just have to make sure it's not *our* opinion, but rather the opinion of
some established authority in that field.

Will Johnson