[WikiEN-l] Anti-intellectualism

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 04:19:37 UTC 2008

In a message dated 12/11/2008 8:17:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

Another  big part is that our policies are shaped heavily by
who showed up in  the early days of Wikipedia, and that means that they
are shaped  heavily by a techno-libertarian philosophy that has been,
historically, very hostile to postmodernism, and thus, by extension,
very hostile to humanities scholarship. It is the case, frankly,  that
Wikipedia, on a policy level, has a systemic bias against  the
humanities.>>

I think yes and no and maybe and also I refuse to answer but only in a
post-modernist way.

But maybe you could give a concrete example of where you think there is  bias
against the humanities.  I think that some of the people who shaped  the
early policies were actually involved in the soft sciences.

Will Johnson