[WikiEN-l] Meatpuppet and WP:DUCK policy concerns

Jay Litwyn brewhaha at edmc.net
Mon Dec 8 16:23:58 UTC 2008

The meatpuppet supposition is wrong. In order to get a meatpuppet (and I do
not think very many people work as any kind of puppet), first you hav to
state your case to someone who is not an administrator and get them to side
with you. In the simple case, you would submit your edit to them via e-mail
and say: Would you do this for me? (Why should I?) A lot of wikipedians
don't read their e-mail. Supposing someone to be a puppet goes against the
assumption of good faith. It's like assuming that someone set up a bot
account to mask submissions from anyone.

Blocked users are supervised. They get to pick their supervisor.