[WikiEN-l] UK censorship: I'm on BBC Radio 4 Today show tomorrow 8:20am

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:53:51 UTC 2008

2008/12/8 Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com>:
> The point is that this group goes around preventing other people from
> accessing this or that, and neither the website nor the visitors get a fair
> notification.  The way they handled this one was loopy, and if Wikipedia
> didn't have such heavy traffic it probably would have gone unnoticed.
>
> So what else *does* go unnoticed?
>
> -Durova

Most likely mostly one sites that really do host problematical images.
Ones we know about are rapidshare and part of 4chan.

We have no real reason to think that they frequently make significant
mistakes. In terms of them being more open we would be better arguing
that they should asses if the site operator can be considered
responsible and if they are inform them of the issue (if there is
actual child porn on wikipedia we would like to know about it). Their
counter arguments to that but most can be shot apart by pointing out
they are currently withholding information that responsible site
operators need to keep their sites child porn free.
--
geni