[WikiEN-l] UK censorship: I'm on BBC Radio 4 Today show

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 14:45:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Tim Starling <tstarling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> The poor woman clearly didn't know the difference between a URL and a web
> page. Most likely the same can be said about the IWF staff member who
> listed those two pages.

The colatteral damage will mostly go away if they block the image
itself instead of the text.

Perhaps we should send the the ~3 URLs they need for the images, and
tell them that if they want the image to stay blocked they should
block those.  Then change the knams rr IP for text, and refuse to
respond to en.wikipedia.org DNS requests from the proxy boxes, if we
can.