[WikiEN-l] UK censorship: I'm on BBC Radio 4 Today show tomorrow 8:20am

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 04:43:26 UTC 2008

On 12/7/08, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's like that Voltaire-quote. You know which one I'm talking about
> (I'm not gonna actually say it, because only douchebags actually say
> it).

My self-educated guess is that you mean the one properly credited to
[[Evelyn Beatrice Hall]].

I did find one actually which might be equally applicable and actually
from Voltaire.

"Un peuple qui trafique de ses enfants est encore plus condamnable que
l'acheteur"

As far as I'm concerned if somebody thinks they have a problem they'd
better speak to the record company first...

—C.W.