[WikiEN-l] Suggestion on how referencing system could be improved

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 22:31:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 5:24 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> I'd put in a vote for applying the same thing to infoboxes, too! And
> then maybe an option for experienced users: turn off javascript and
> see the whole <s>mess as it is now</s> wikitext.

Or "reveal codes" button, a pretty obvious feature.

It took me a bit to remember the name, but check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cacycle/wikEd

I used it for a while but felt that it was too heavy handed: All I
really wanted was hiding and syntax highlighting, and I think at the
time it didn't do the hiding, and the emacs mode for wikitext did a
better highlighting job (plus flyspell).