[WikiEN-l] Has an article in a paper encyclopedia, but it's "Not Notable"

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:23:57 UTC 2008

On 12/4/08, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Tagged, but not deleted? Sounds like the system is working, then.

To the same extent that a non-fatal runway incursion indicates good
traffic control (read: minimally).

On 12/4/08, Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoekstra at gmail.com> wrote:
> The admin reviewing it wouldn't only decline the speedy, but remove
> the speedy tag aswel. After that, it's no longer eligable for speedy
> deletion.

While I agree that this should be true, I don't see any policy page
supporting it, and I doubt it would work in practice as checking the
edit history before deleting is less common than you'd think.

I can't seem to find a {{NUMBEROFREVISIONS}} variable but if something
like that does exist we might consider making the font-size of the
"check edit history" links scale according to this. :-)

The current size is reduced by a <small> tag (inside a pink box which
is already barely legible).

On 12/4/08, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> admins (who are supposed to have demonstrated good judgement).

Well, if that were true we wouldn't need to have more pages explaining
how to "administrate" than ones explaining how to "edit". :-)

—C.W.