[WikiEN-l] WikiTrust v2 released: reputation and trust for your wiki in real-time!

Luca de Alfaro luca at dealfaro.org
Mon Aug 25 18:50:21 UTC 2008

The English Wikipedia is truly huge of course :-)
So if they wanted to deploy the trust tab on the English Wikipedia, they
would need to either start the trust analysis, and sit back and relax for
2-3 weeks (I have no idea of how powerful the db servers and the other
servers are at the Foundation), or prime the computation with pre-computed
text trust data we will compute with a cluster at UCSC.
In any case, if the analysis is interrupted, it can be restarted at any
time.
I guess there are many smaller projects for which the "sit back and relax"
approach is the best one!

I was sending this message to try to get some feedback on the interest level
in the project, on possible wikis that may be interested in having a trust
tab...
At Wikimania 07, where I presented a (static) demo, there seemed to be quite
a bit of interest in having trust information (note that the trust tab could
also be renamed to something less controvertial such as "changes").  I am
essentially wondering whether the interest is still there.
If there is interest in deploying this on test wikis, or on the toolserver
version of the English wikipedia, or on some other wikipedia, this is all
feasible.

Luca