[WikiEN-l] Advertising on Wikipedia

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 02:16:28 UTC 2008

Hmmm... you know, I'm a researcher professionally and a fundraiser for
at heart, and I'm all for anecdotal evidence, but I'm not sure this
really is based in anything either quantifiable or qualitative in
nature.

This discussion and any decisions the Foundation makes on this
incredibly important topic in the future can certainly be emotionally
based but let's not present emotion and description (ie, "increasingly
pushy") as fact, unless we can quantify or qualify them.

Anything less is at best emotionally charged and at worst
intellectually dishonest.

Philippe Beaudette
Tulsa, OK
philippebeaudette at gmail.com