[WikiEN-l] Advertising on Wikipedia

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 18 21:15:55 UTC 2008

on 8/18/08 4:33 PM, Steve Summit at scs at eskimo.com wrote:

> But that's not what I asked.  I asked what the Foundation *needed*
> more money for, what it was currently failing at without more money.
> (And you didn't answer either question.)

Yes, Nathan, please answer Steve's question; because it is my question as
well. Just what exactly are these "long-term goals" that would require an
increased, steady source of funds?

And, Angela, improving the search engine and hiring some developers is the
type of thing Foundations raise funds for in the first place; that's what
Foundations are there for.

Marc Riddell