[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia quoted at the highest levels!

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 18:05:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:26 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not convinced. First extract too short and the second has very
> different wording and the common structure is a time line that doesn't
> mean much.

I mostly agree, but the fact that some phrases are completely
identical in the second quote ("brief period of independence",
"regained its independence", "economic crisis") makes me think that
his writers at the very least got the information from wikipedia and
rewrote it slightly. But I don't think there's anything wrong with
that. Everyone (including presidential candidates and their writers)
has to look up stuff from time to time. Whether it's from Britannica,
Wikipedia or "Georgian History for Dummies!" is really not that big of
a deal.

--Oskar