[WikiEN-l] The dangers of not citing Wikipedia

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:30:35 UTC 2008

----- WJhonson at aol.com wrote:

> [...]

Good point. I do the "as cited by" thing for published papers, but for wikipedia with its mix of anonymous, and pseudonymous users, and its continual evolution, it just doesn't look right to say "as cited by Wikipedia user 204.23.144.2 at 13:00 UTC on August 12, 2008" (if you even feel like taking the time to figure out which user it was that actually put the citation in given how many revisions are on many articles).

Cheers,

Peter