[WikiEN-l] An example of a bad biography

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 19:44:56 UTC 2008

In a message dated 4/29/2008 12:37:07 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
geniice at gmail.com writes:

2)Aim to  keep wikipedia content non libelous within the US while
latitude allowed  for public figures is ignored. In adition aim to
remove insult.  This  has the advantage of being fairly easy to define
but technically results in  wikipedia being in contempt of the english
courts (of course it already is  but separate issue).

3)Aim to make sure that all negative statements  about living people
are sourced. Define negative and sourced. For example  is "Ian Hislop
has become the most sued man in Britain." a negative  statement. The
usual fights over what counts as a source tend to get  worse.

2 and 3.  We already have definitions for some of this.   Fights are not
usually over what "Is" a source, but rather whether source X is a  "reliable,
published, third-party source".  And yes, we've had [fights]  discussions over
each of these words (except source).

Will Johnson

listings at AOL Autos.