[WikiEN-l] While we're at it, NOR line-by-line

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 18:45:36 UTC 2008

In a message dated 4/7/2008 11:21:49 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

The  issue is that presenting that research is always somewhat original -
that  is, the statement "This presentation of statements is  substantively
equivalent to the statements in this source" is not a trivial  one - it's an
argument that does not come directly and transparently from  the original
source. Summary is original  research.>>

We specifically cover summary in our policy language.
That is, we specifically allow it, as part of the editorial process.
Thus, even *if* you'd consider the process of summarizing to be OR, we  allow
this particular form of OR.

Will Johnson