[WikiEN-l] While we're at it, NOR line-by-line

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 16:36:47 UTC 2008

In a message dated 4/7/2008 5:27:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ritzman at gmail.com writes:

Would  the phrase "all research is original" be a simple way of stating
the  above?>>

No.  When I go to the library and read the newspaper I am not doing  original
research.  I am doing source-based research.  They are not  the same thing.

Original research means I am *creating* the statements of fact, not that  I'm
looking them up in another source.

So "all research" is not "original" since people use the word "research" to
cover looking things up in other sources.

Will Johnson