[WikiEN-l] Actual Problems with WP:V

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:37:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:26 PM, <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 4/3/2008 11:24:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com writes:
>
> I have  seen fair share of article butchering through mass
> redirectification.>>
>

> --------------------------
> Could you put this in language my third-grade intellect can  understand?
> Do you mean something like gutting an article with a simple redirect to
> another article?
> Wouldn't the article history contain the original article, that could be
> at
> least saved to user-space?
>
> Will
>

> **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.
>  (
> http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016
> )

Let me explain

   - There exists an article "Alpha"
   - There is a problem with article "Alpha"
   - Article "Alpha" does not follow all guidelines and/or policies
   - A user comes in and removes all content from Article "Alpha" and
   redirects it to article "Beta" which has a related coverage.
   - No content is added to article "Beta" in this process
   - User calls this action a merge which is an editorial decision
   independent from AFD
   - Even pages of failed AFDs can be redirectified

This is what is happening in a nutshell. The topics this is happening range
from fiction related articles (episodes/characters) to highways (real world
related) as well as Townships among other topics.

   - White Cat