[WikiEN-l] NASA meatballs and wikipedia meatheads

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 19:49:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:44 AM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The logo is in effect under an ND license and by leavening it in the
>  image we get a ah limited derivatives image. As a result the NASA logo
>  is not compatible with free content.

There are no restrictions of these images under copyright law.

Historically we have not considered non-copyright restrictions as
being incompatible with free content.  For example, trademark law
restricts image use in a very similar manner.  Attempts to delete any
image containing a trademarked element have failed in the past and
should fail again, IMO.

-Matt