[WikiEN-l] Asking for free images on living bios

Nick heligolandwp at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 27 20:11:04 UTC 2007

I'm heading off on a bit of a tangent here, but if you were a publicist,
webmaster or something, would you hand out free images to someone with a
silly sounding name and a gmail account claiming to be a Wikipedia editor ?

If we're going to ask for free photos, surely we can get people set up with
a Wikipedia or Wikimedia e-mail address so they don't sound like a stalking
psychopath.

On 27/09/2007, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/27/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I wrote:
> > > People who want to use publicity shots on Wikipedia to replace
> > > free-content fan-provided shots tend to use this kind of argument,
> > > which is inaccurate.
> >

> > I think that Richard Schiff photo is a strong argument in favour of
> > securing all the good publicity shots we can!
>
> Indeed.  I missed out the part about 'non-free fair use' above.  I'm
> all in favor of people providing their official publicity shots under
> a free license!
>
> -Matt

Nick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Nick