[WikiEN-l] There are no pictures in Wikipedia any more

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Wed Sep 26 16:54:52 UTC 2007

Monahon, Peter B. wrote:
> I'm here for the dialog with anyone who wants to read and possibly
> respond.  I believe the list belongs to all of us, altogether, future
> readers, too.  Once the 2nd person joins, it's a 50/50 proposition.  The
> third person makes it a 33/33/33 proposition, and so on.  WE must have
> thousands now, right?
>
> I think that calling someone else's contributions "obsessive" merely
> identifies ourselves as intolerant, bored, or recalcitrant.  I value
> every member, especially the provocative posts, the ones that make me
> think, and make me reconsider my point of view.

This is a noble sentiment, Peter.

I'd encourage you to spend some time on Usenet and let us know how that
brave experiment unrestricted dialog among anybody who cares enough to
show up is working out these days.

Last I checked, it was a swamp. Of course, I gave up on it years ago, so
perhaps it has finally changed into the land of thoughtful dialog that
people always dreamed of.

William