[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia is being filtered by firewall

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:44:48 UTC 2007

> Actually, I respectfully decline to act as ad hoc surrogate police for
> any other party, especially anyone trying to lord it over children.  I
> figure each party can negotiate with each other party without my
> generalizing advice ... except to say:
> (a) I don't think judges hold anyone under age to a binding contract,
> and
> (b) I don't think a judge inflicts a non-negotiated contract on anyone,
> and
> (c) I don't think any judge will uphold any contract without
> "consideration" between the parties, that is, money change hands.
>
> Ask a lawyer who practices in your jurisdiction.

When was the last time your saw a school child get a trial before
being given a detention?

I once asked a teacher why the United Nations Universal Declaration of
Human Rights doesn't seem to apply to school children. His response:
"Children don't count as human." (I should clarify, he *was* joking.)