[WikiEN-l] Do NOT appeal bans, for your own sake (was Re: Admins who do not have email this user enabled (list inside))

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Sep 19 20:09:37 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:
> On 9/18/07, Ray Saintonge wrote:
>
>> Nick wrote:
>>
>>> Why are the list moderators a) still allowing boring diatribes from Armed
>>> Blowfish and b) allowing 2 day old boring diatribes from anybody through all
>>> of a sudden.
>>>
>> Even people who write boring diatribes eventually tire of it.  These
>> things pass.  Some of us would prefer to make our own judgements about
>> what we want to read instead of sticking the list admins with that job.
>> If I find Armed Blowfish boring I don't need to read very much before my
>> finger finds the delete key on my keyboard.
>>
> Ah, I remember the good old days when it was possible to delete
> individual messages.  Of course, back then it wasn't easy to ignore
> entire threads.  Yeah, I don't think it was ever easy to sort through
> the boring stuff and find the interesting stuff in an unmoderated
> mailing list.  I'm jealous that you figured out a way to do it.
Gee!  I don't know how to respond when someone is jealous of my doing
something that I hadn't realized was special.  Maybe it's because I
never graduated from the good old days.  Some people keep flushing the
toilet with a bucket of water without ever realizing what the handle on
the tank is for. :-)

Ec