[WikiEN-l] What's going on? - Inquiry 2

WikipediaEditor Durin wikidurin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:38:25 UTC 2007

On 9/16/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When you see an area in trouble, yes you may speak about it, but
> the best you can do is
> 1) help if you can or
> 2) try to find other who can help if you can not
> 3) avoid discouraging those who are working in this area
>
> Your email above achieve none of these three goals.

This dichotomy is astonishing. Yes, I may speak about shortcomings
I see in the Foundation, but the best I can do does not include any
thing about speaking about the Foundation's shortcomings.

All of us who have the best of intentions (and I assure you mine are
in that vein) contribute in ways we think are beneficial. Complaining
about the poor performance of the Foundation is one such way. We
do not correct problems by ignoring them or by chastising our
contributors by saying they are not doing their best when they
raise issues with the Foundation's performance.