[WikiEN-l] Spam blacklist and BADSITES

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Sep 13 04:12:17 UTC 2007

On 12 Sep 2007 at 17:45:24 -0400, "Gregory Maxwell"
<gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been told on no uncertain terms that the arbcom has endorsed no
> such position.
>
> I've also now spoken to foundation staff and heard what I could only
> describe as nearly the opposite response.

OK... so here's where we apparently are:

Some not completely stated group of people met in secret.  This group
included people with a strong emotional involvement in one side of a
raging dispute, and some relatively neutral parties, but (apparently)
nobody from the other side of the dispute.  People could make
accusations regarding the behavior of outside parties who had no
opportunity to respond or defend, and were listened to and heeded in
proportion to the degree of emotion they put into their claims of
being attacked or harrassed.  Ultimately, some resolution was
allegedly reached, but no formal announcement was made, and people
who were involved have differing impressions as to what was the
actual final decision.  This decision, though nobody actually knows
for sure what it is, is now allegedly binding policy on Wikipedia.

--
== Dan ==