[WikiEN-l] stable versions

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 04:44:04 UTC 2007

On 9/9/07, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Another thing I would like to see is for an anonymous editor visiting
> the website, have the opportunity to very simply change the viewing
> system "view by default flagged versions when available" or "always see
> the latest version for all articles". Toggle type.

Yeah, but hopefully worded a little more approachably: Wikipedia vs
WikipediaHot! or something. Where are our marketing people? :)

> Otherwise, I mostly hope that there will be discussions, plain rejection
> of the tool or acceptance with improvment.
>
> What I hope will NOT happen is a system where editors say
>
> "we are happy to have this system only if there are improvementx X and
> Y". Then setting the system on with a promise that the improvements are
> coming in soon. Then see a situation such as the Single Login, where the
> so-called improvements take 5 years to be done. This would be very wrong.

God I wish we had a specifications document somewhere so we could
argue meaningfully over what we actually want or don't want. So far
there seem to be a few different conceptions of what the community has
asked for and what is actually going to be delivered.

Steve