[WikiEN-l] Bans and online/offline reputation (was Re: Follow-up on my Ban from Wikipedia (part 3))

Anirudh anirudhsbh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:57:06 UTC 2007

I think people tend to take more liberty over online social forums on the
internet. Wikipedia, as an active community of users can be compared to such
websites in more than one ways. And in no way, their "assholery" or misdeeds
should be advertised on the internet by making them available in public
archives.

It lends a bad name to the project as a whole, and dissuades active and
valuable participants to spend their energies building the project. Not
everyone can be expected to be on their best online. Please don't give them
something that they'd regret later.

--Anirudh