[WikiEN-l] 2,000,000th article

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Sep 9 17:17:34 UTC 2007

Apparently, the 2,000,000th article in en-wp is [[El Hormiguero]], on
a Spanish comedy and science TV show.  (This is not yet officially
confirmed by WMF, and seems to be under a bit of bickering.)

We should get them to do a skit about Wikipedia for one of their
shows, and then release it under a free license permitting reuse and
derivative works... then we can set up a kiosk with a television
monitor playing that show in a continuous loop (with English
subtitles) along with other Wikipedia/Wikimedia stuff (like a speech
by Jimbo), and put it in the [[Jordanhill railway station]], thus
combining the 1,000,000th and 2,000,000th topics in a place that
Wikipedians can make pilgrimages to.

--
== Dan ==