[WikiEN-l] stable versions

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 05:55:41 UTC 2007

On 9/9/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
[snip]
> But in this one particular instance of the stable version feature, I
> must admit that I have become tremendously frustrated by how long
> something like this been promised but not delivered.
[snip]

Show me the promises.

Until fairly recently (i.e. when real development started) the only
'promises' of stable version that I've seen are speculation by
non-developers and hand-waving arguments that some casual comment by a
developer is really why the community shouldn't implement a half
measure early.

i.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Stable_versions_now

It's your own darn fault for believing it. When someone says "oh that
will be implemented.. don't do that yourself" your answer should be
"Show me the code".  If they don't have code it's not real.