[WikiEN-l] Bans and online/offline reputation (was Re: Follow-up on my Ban from Wikipedia (part 3))

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 04:49:46 UTC 2007

On 9/8/07, Armed Blowfish <diodontida.armata at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Many people go on and on about how Wikipaedia is an
> encyclopaedia and not a tabloid.  However, the encyclopaedia
> is contained within the article namespace.  Is there any
> reason for namespaces other than the main (article)
> namespace and the image namespace to be indexed

The Wikipedia namespace should be indexed, so you can search for terms
like "neutral point of view". It also contains pointers to tools.
MediaWiki should probably be indexed.
User talk is probably the only strong candidate for non indexing. The
other talks are probably ok...there are times when you want to search
them.
User is probably ok.

Steve