[WikiEN-l] Mailman software (was Re: Who's moderated?)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 21:53:15 UTC 2007

On 07/09/07, Mark Ryan <ultrablue at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a way, buried deep within the admin interface, to
> auto-discard messages matching a specific Regexp. I know nothing about
> regexps, but frequently wish I did, because it would help us cut down
> on a lot of the V14GR4-style spam. Which almost never reaches the
> mailing list but outnumbers genuine messages from real people in the
> moderation queue by a factor of about 20 or 25 to one.

I put a couple of regexps on it already, to silently dispose of stuff
that scores more than 7 points on the Wikimedia mailserver's spam
detector. What you're seeing in the mod queue is the stuff that's
*left*, about a third of what it was. Most mail, by message count or
volume (certainly by volume) is spam.

- d.