[WikiEN-l] dueling templates

Brock Weller brock.weller at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:49:12 UTC 2007

Singularly? Hardly. Theres a concensus to pull them, based on strength
of argument just like there was for those rediculous spoiler warnings.
I would encourage you to help remove them, and hopefully we wont have
any disruptive reversions while making sure this stays a real
encyclopedia instead of a trivia storehouse.

> Brock Weller wrote:
> > Trivia sections are not encyclopedic.
> Bullshit!
> > We require non-trivial sources,
> > and we shouldnt be one ourselves. If they dont fit elsewhere then they
> > are rightly dropped.
> The only ones who believe that are so pompous and self-absorbed that
> they have lost all capacity to determine what is important or
> interesting to readers?
> > As for it being harder to re add them, good. Itll
> > keep them out longer. The harder the crap is to keep in the pedia, the
> > better off we all are.
> So what you're telling me is that YOU are singularly equipped to
> recognize crap.  Do you have any other jokes?
> > You can thank us for the usable encyclopedia
> > later when you figure it out.
> >
> Why should I thank anyone whose stated aim is to be destructive?
> Ec

> >> I'm not opposed to trivia sections, and perhaps it is that tangentiality
> >> that justifies having such material in a separate section rather than
> >> having it integrated into the body of the article where its appearance
> >> may sometimes seem strained.
> >>
> >> Ec

-Brock