[WikiEN-l] Why are URLs numbered?

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Sep 5 07:28:25 UTC 2007

FT2 wrote:
> 3. - auto-render all [http://link.com] as <ref>http://link.com</ref>. It's
> not perfect but the information's the best there is and its consistent in
> style.
>

> I like #3.

That seems reasonable to me---that's usually what people mean by the
inline links anyway (an assertion that their link constitutes a
reference).  Of course someone should still come along and either: 1)
expand them into a full citation (e.g. with {{cite web}}); or 2)
determine that the link is not a reliable source, and either remove it
or move it to the "external links" section. But we have to do that with
links that are already in ref tags anyway.

-Mark