[WikiEN-l] Attributing "attribution required" free images

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Tue Oct 30 15:36:52 UTC 2007

> I'm not saying that it can't be done, .. but it's not trivial, and it
> can't be done automatically (thus my recommendation for a manually
> editable credits page).

No? Software change such that from a certain point on any edit will
automatically update a credit page. At the same time, start running
something that goes through all the non-deleted edits and update the
page as well. Then and only then do one display a link to the credit
page. The speed of any program that go through the history of all the
articles can be adjusted to run over several weeks / months at a rate
the server can cope with. No one is seriously (I hope) suggesting that
any change will need to be made overnight.

(One will need to take into consideration what happens when pages that
was deleted when the program did its run are then undeleted after the
credit page goes live.)

KTC

  - Heinrich Heine