[WikiEN-l] Anonymous page creation will be reenabled on English Wikipedia.

joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu joshua.zelinsky at yale.edu
Mon Oct 29 15:20:56 UTC 2007

Quoting Charlotte Webb <charlottethewebb at gmail.com>:

> On 10/29/07, John Lee <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/29/07, Todd Allen <toddmallen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > No sources, half the time ("half" being probably an underestimation) on
>> > very, very borderline subjects that -just- duck speedy to start with,
>> > usually most of what's there is wrong (because it's pulled from memory,
>> > not sources), etc.
>>
>> Is it your position that having no sources should constitute a criterion for
>> speedy deletion?
>>
>> Johnleemk
>
> Well, in all fairness, this would be more concrete and objective
> criterion than the ones we've got. I mean right now I go could write a
> stub that does cite three or four sources and undoubtedly some
> chowderhead will want it speedy deleted, arguing that said article
> does not adequately assert "notability or significance", whatever that
> means.
>
> —C.W.

When people do that and I'm going through the speedies I routinely
remove the A7
notes. I would hope that others would do so as well. On the other hand, if the
claim is obviously not true but is a claim of notability such as "X is
the King
of the Universe!" I'll treat that as a blatant nonsense. I however
would be very
worried about making no sources be a speedy criterion.