[WikiEN-l] Anonymous page creation will be reenabled on English Wikipedia.

Kwan Ting Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Sun Oct 28 16:56:48 UTC 2007

> Was hardcoding the banner necessary?

The whole point was specifically so an admin can't just remove it.

> The Foundation is generally very good, but I'd just like some formal
> restrictions in place (and more accountability to the community).

The board of trustees can't reasonably be expected to be restricted by
what they can or cannot do (except by law) in the interest of the
charity. The members by law have to put the charity interest first and
foremost, even if it means possibly going against the wises / view of
the wider membership. The membership can of course decide to remove the
board / member(s) though.

And yes, more accountability is always good.

KTC

  - Heinrich Heine