[WikiEN-l] I suppose we had to see this news story soon enough

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 18:15:29 UTC 2007

On 10/26/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> and it does make it sound like it's admins making the deletion
> decisions rather than the community.

True, in a way. I've several deletion decisions, vicariously. Once
upon a time, I had a reputation for something other than witchcraft,
and a request like "{{db|because i said so [see XfD]}}" would usually
be fulfilled. Of course, non-deletion decisions are often more
rewarding, especially those that require thought or creativity, such
as merging (even if nobody else suggested that), or fixing whatever
the original problem was (particularly if nobody else even gave it a
try).

—C.W.