[WikiEN-l] I suppose we had to see this news story soon enough

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 17:59:17 UTC 2007

On 10/26/07, RLS <evendell at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...the "source it or don't say it" component of BLP...

Pffffffffft. This is a "component" of basic verifiability policy.
Being about a particular warm body does not make an article special in
this regard. The same basic deficiency (of sources) is no more grave
an editorial error than if the topic were pokemon. In either case, the
problem should be corrected, either by finding a source, or by
removing the disputed and/or dubious information. Ideally, the only
difference for a "BLP" article is that the "grace period", for
allowing the author (of the disputed portions) to cite sources, is
much closer to zero.

—C.W.